Images

An Invitation From Unson Elementary School

Image Posted on

UES

Advertisements

Our Lady Of Guadalupe Parish Church (Pagsanjan) Before The Renovation

Image Posted on

Facade of Pagsanjan Church.jpg
By Carlo Joseph M. MoskitoOwn work, CC BY-SA 4.0, Link

History

A former visita of Lumban, the parish church of Pagsanjan was founded on November 12, 1687, by Franciscan missionary Father Agustin de la Magdalena as its first pastor (parish priest).   The first church was originally made of light materials like bamboo, nipa and wood in 1688 by natives of Pagsanjan under forced labor.  A larger and more solid church constructed from adobe with a red-tiled roof was built in 1690 with the help of Chinese Miguel Guan Co and chief alguacil alferez Alonzo Garcia to replace the original church.

Further renovations were conducted from 1847 to 1852 under Father Joaquin de Coria, who engineered the stone belfry and Romanesque dome.  In 1872, the church added a transept under the direction of Father Serafin Linares and Father Cipriano Bac.

The church was heavily damaged by American and Filipino military bombers on March 15, 1945 during World War II.   A replica of the church was constructed over its ruins, without the original dome, with the help of Manila Pagsanjenos under the leadership of Engr. German Yia and Dr. Rosendo Llamas.  Serious restoration efforts after the war took place in 1965 under Lipa Archbishop Alejandro Olalia. On April 6, 1969, Bishop Pedro Bantigue blessed the rebuilt church and consecrated the main altar.  Due to the devotion of the people of Pagsanjan and nearby towns, the Diocese of San Pablo declared Pagsanjan Church as the Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in 2012. Under the term of Monsignor Castillo from 2013 to the present, further renovations were carried out, including the church patio and construction of the choir loft and church gate.

This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish Church (Pagsanjan) , which is released under the Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)

The Bumbungan River Which Leads To Pagsanjan Falls

Image Posted on Updated on

Pagsanjan,LagunaRiverjf4388 10.JPG
By Ramon FVelasquezOwn work, CC BY-SA 3.0, Link

Lumbanjf4560 07.JPG
By Ramon FVelasquezOwn work, CC BY-SA 3.0, Link

The Bumbungan River which leads to Pagsanjan Falls.  Previously named the Caliraya Falls Reserve, it is one of the oldest parks in the country and one of two protected areas in Laguna. It is situated in the municipalities of Cavinti and Lumban near the border with the municipality of Pagsanjan.

This article uses material from the Wikipedia articles Pagsanjan Falls  & Bumbungan River, which is released under theCreative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0

Editorial Team of Dito po sa amin…PAGSANJAN: Christmas message

Image Posted on

christmas-with-friends-ap
Enter a caption

Celebrate Christmas with the family…

Merry Christmas & a happy New Year to all!!!

348th Foundation Day Big Events at Pagsanjan-Dec. 7-12, 2016

Image Posted on Updated on

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

For more details visit : Pagsanjan Tourism Office or email here.

Sponsored by: Municipality of Pagsanjan, Laguna.

.