Pagsanjan has not just a tourist destination but of the local government units with outstanding performances based on different Key Result Areas by any award-winning bodies by the government.
Just recently, another award was given to Pagsanjan by National Competitiveness Council of the Philippines (NCCP) on July 14, 2016 during the 4th Regional Competitiveness Summit which was held at PICC Plenary Hall, Manila.
Mayor of Pagsanjan Maita J. Ejercito, with the Sangguniang Bayan Members and other officials of Pagsanjan, received the award for winning the 2nd Place, for Infrastructure and Development for 3rd-6th Class Municipalities Category based on the following Key Result Areas : dynamism, government efficiency, infrastructure and development. The Municipality was included in Top Four all over the Philippines.
Past Awards that had been received by the Municipality of Pagsanjan since 2010:
- 7th Most Competitive in the Philippines for Government Efficiency and Economic Dynamism (2nd-3rd class) 4th Most Competitive LGU in Philippines for Infrastructure, Sept 10, 2015;
- DepEd Award 2015 for Basic Education Services;
- Most Child Friendly Municipality 2014 93% Child Friendly Local Governance Audit, Nov. 27, 2015;
- “Bangkero Festival” wins DOT-ATOP Best Tourism Event 2012 First Runner Up Best Tourism Event 2013 Pearl Award; 2012 & 2013;
- DILG Seal of Disaster Preparedness 2012;
- DepEd Award 2012 – Adopt-A-School Program;
- Best BPLS Streamlined LGU 2011;
- DILG Seal of Good House Keeping , April 2, 2011;
- DOH Regional Award 2010 Municipality With Highest Cure RateNational Nutrition Crown Award 2010, November 4, 2010;
Source: Coun. Jan Garcia
To all persons who became instrumental or behind with the above recognition, keep it up!